Effects of rose water on skin appearance and health
The noble and glorious Queen of the Garden, the rose, is now in its last peak of bloom just before going into hibernation. The intoxicating fragrance of the rose petals, the fabulous beauty and variety of the flowers are almost breathtaking. It is no coincidence that these flowers have always had a special place in the courtyards of the nobility and royalty.
Centuries ago, the delicate and subtle scent of roses inspired the creation of a unique beauty product - rosewater. And although it was originally used to show royalty, people soon realised the health benefits of rose water.
It is no coincidence that the proverb - everything new is old forgotten - proves itself once again. For all things of value are, at their core, simple. Rosewater continues to be one of the most powerful natural beauty phenomena in the world.
Rosewater has antiseptic and antibacterial properties - it not only helps heal wounds, but also reduces and even cures skin infections. This skin care product is excellent for smoothing uneven skin tone, reducing redness, irritation and preventing excessive oiliness. Rosewater is also renowned as an excellent product for moisturising and soothing the skin.
As you can see, there is no doubt - rosewater should be on every beauty shelf.
Making rose water at home
If your garden is currently filled with a field of blooming roses, find inspiration for a little experiment - make your own rose water! Yes, the shelves are full of rose waters from different producers. But the pride of creating your own skincare product, combined with the satisfaction of putting garden produce to good use, will surely give you double the joy!
Step by step how to make your own rose water:
1. Fill a saucepan with fresh rose petals and cover them with distilled water. Note - it is important that the water just slightly covers the rose petals, otherwise the concentration of the roses will be thin.
2. Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring the water and rose petals to the boil over a low heat.
3. When the water starts to bubble, remove the solution from the heat and allow the water to cool to room temperature.
4. Scald the cooled rose water and pour it into a clean bottle.
Just 4 simple steps and you'll have made your very own rose water that will restore, hydrate and nourish your skin. Not only will you be sure of the composition of your skincare product, but you'll also save money.
Instead of grabbing the loose petals and throwing them away, do a little experiment in the kitchen. Your skin will thank you.
5 ways to use rose water in your daily life
There are countless studies on the positive effects of rose water on skin health and appearance, so you can rest assured that this is a safe and proven remedy that will live up to your expectations.
- Use instead of a facial toner - Rosewater, thanks to its antibacterial properties, will soothe the skin and help restore the skin's natural moisture balance. Dermatologists also recommend this natural remedy for problematic skin, based on studies on the benefits of rose water, to help reduce redness, acne and blackheads.
- Add to your face mask - If you use face masks that require a liquid to dilute, try using rose water instead of plain water. This will not only improve the scent, but also give the mask an added effect.
- To refresh your skin - Fill a spray bottle with rose water and carry it around with you - it's perfect for restoring a feeling of freshness in summer and during a busy working day. By the way, rose water can also be a good make-up fixative.
- Add to bath water - Add rose water to your bath - it will not only calm your mind, but also make relaxation extra aromatic.
- To refresh and moisturise hair - Rosewater will not only moisturise and refresh your scalp, but also smooth away frizzy and dry hair.
By the way, our Rose Micellar Water is enriched with rose water. Cleansing your face daily with Rose Micellar Water will help reduce the appearance of pores, wrinkles and balance the skin's moisture levels. The micellar water will not only gently cleanse your skin, but will also gently remove make-up.
Vegan Fox creator and manager