In this heat of summer, I only strive for something fresh and refreshing – from a cold shower in the early morning and refreshments throughout the day to a pleasant evening swim in the nearby river. But that’s not what I want to talk about today – today I want to talk to you about peppermint (a member of the mint family) and its good properties.
Refreshing summer queen Peppermint (mint) in general is quite a unique plant, because depending on the type of intake, it can both invigorate and soothe – reduce pain, improve vision, enhance beauty and even refresh the breath.
And although for many people, mint is associated with an invigorating addition to water in summer or an aromatic tea to enjoy on winter evenings – these are not the only uses of mint.
- FOR A FRESH BREATH – when you chew a mint leaf, in addition to the characteristic taste in the mouth, you can feel the coolness created by menthol. Menthol is one of the most valuable ingredients in mint because it reduces the formation of bacteria in the mouth, so chewing fresh mint leaves is the most effective way to freshen your breath.
- FOR A CHEERFUL SPIRIT – the expressive aroma of mint improves brain function, increases concentration, reduces irritability and anxiety. It is enough to inhale the aroma of freshly picked mint to improve the mood.
- AGAINST HEADACHE – by rubbing peppermint oil on the temples, nape of the neck and ear area, it is possible to reduce headaches and migraines in 15 minutes.
- FOR STOMACH HEALTH – mint helps to relax the gastrointestinal tract, as well as improves the functioning of the digestive system. Due to these properties, mint is also recommended to add to food.
- AGAINST INSECTS – the strong smell of mint repels and scares away flies, mosquitoes and other intrusive pests.
- FOR A PLEASANT FLAVOR – both fresh and dried mint leaves are a great air freshener.
- FOR BEAUTY – also in the field of beauty mint is a widely used remedy. Peppermint oil is perfect for oily or acne irritated skin. In turn, in combination with a gentle cream or gel, peppermint oil heals cracked skin. Its cooling effect together with the base oil is also useful for cooling sun-heated skin. To reduce facial swelling, redness and pores, mint leaves can be frozen in ice cubes for use as a tonic in the mornings and evenings. Peppermint is also a popular ingredient in scrubs because of its anti-stretch mark effect.
The VEGAN FOX product range also includes Peppermint Body Salt Scrub – 99,3% ingredients of natural origin and enriched with natural oils – grape seed oil, jojoba oil and shea butter.
Natural peppermint leaves cool, relax and calm the skin, abrasive particles of apricot kernel gently cleanse the skin and Vitamins C and E promote the formation of collagen and helps in rejuvenation processes.
This unique composition not only provides a cooling effect, but also relaxes the joints and muscles, makes the skin smooth and firm, tones, intensively nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
Massage the scrub into moist, clean body skin and rinse off carefully once, twice per week.
Does Refreshing summer queen Peppermint help you this summer?
That’s it! I hope you found this information helpful. I will go hunting for fresh mint. See you in the next article!