Hair care during winter.
The winter season can be quite challenging for hair health as the hair is affected by the cold weather outside, dry indoor air, various hair styling products, the fight against viruses using medicine, and stress, which can cause hair loss and split ends.
This cold season for hair is a difficult period that affects it’s health and beauty:
1. Cold. The blood vessels under the scalp supply the hair roots with oxygen, and in the cold weather they narrow, so hair does not get the necessary nutrients. This is why the hair becomes dull and begins to fall out. Safe way to have good hair condition is to wear a hat. Wearing a hat will protect your hair from the cold weather and will prevent direct contact with the cold. But if you still do not want to wear any head-dress, it is important at least not to wash or blow dry your hair just before going outside.
2. Heating. In winter, we spend more time indoors, and the current problem of the heating season is the dry air it creates, so that both the skin and the hair become drier. If the moisture reserves in the hair are depleted, the structure of the hair becomes frizzy and they become more brittle and tangled. To help the body, over this period of time it is desirable to hydrate and spend a lot of time in the fresh air, improving blood circulation.
3. Hair styling products. We often use lots of products to protect hair from cold, from heat, to get smoother hair, improve volume, to get shiny hair, etc. Every day we style our hair with different products, and they are loaded with too much weight. The hair shampoo and conditioner is a classic hair care kit, and when combined with a light spray, the hair will be adequately cared for in cold weather.
4. Viruses and medicine. In winter, the immune system is more fragile and we are more likely to suffer from acute illnesses. The use of the medicine has a negative effect on hair growth and health, and many medications also have an undesirable side effect – increased hair loss and fragility. To strengthen the immune system, provide the body with the necessary vitamins and a complete balanced diet. By giving your body natural fats, protecting minerals and nutrients not only you will be healthier but your hair will be in better condition.
5. Stress and vitamin deficiency. Vitamin reserves are running low in winter. At work or school, when job has to hit deadlines and exams and tests are approaching, psycho-emotional stress is encountered, and the body is under much more stress, which also affects hair health. In winter, our diet is not as rich in vitamins as in summer also. Hair beauty requires vitamin A and vitamin C, which strengthens the hair, and vitamin E, which provides elasticity. But do not rush to take care of food supplies in the pharmacy, it will be healthier if you enrich your diet with products that contain the necessary nutrients for the body.
We invite you to take care of your hair during the winter season and not to burden them with synthetic cosmetics, but to pamper yourself with a homemade nourishing hair mask.
For dry and damaged hair we recommend Banana mask – squeeze a very ripe banana and add 1 tbsp of almond or olive oil. Mix thoroughly and massage into hair. Leave on for 15 – 30 minutes and rinse with a gentle shampoo.
To strengthen and get shiny hair, prepare an Avocado mask – squeeze fine avocado and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil, apply to hair and leave for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse with a shampoo suitable for your hair type.
Natural ingredients will be gentler choice for daily hair care. Try our shampoo bars, which have a 99.6% natural composition and are not packaged in plastic bottles. The natural composition of the shampoo cleanses the scalp and hair, moisturises and smoothes them, promotes hair growth and restores a healthy look. They have a gentle pH on the hair and scalp.
And by supplementing the hair care ritual with a conditioner bar, you will regain the hair’s natural shine and elasticity. The conditioner smoothes the hair and reduces its splitting, as well as intensively moisturises and helps the hair to become healthy.
Take care of your hair, remember the factors that affect the hair health during the winter and give them the best care you can! We will be glad if your hair will be as shiny and beautiful as the lightness of snowflakes!